LaunchBox Community Forums

Mass update media file paths for games?

Launchboxnoob

Hello, I am looking to see if there is a way to mass update the media file paths for my games?

I found a post from like 6 years ago but I'm sure things have changed since then and I'm hoping there is a way to mass update the game path under media as I found this being missing the reason why I was unable to scan emumovies for videos.

Also, if there is not and I manually map all my games, when my drive dies, will these mappings carry over to the new drive when I move the data?

Thanks

It looks like you have to pay emumovies to do this.

Fortunately I have most of the videos for most of the consoles and was able to import the game vidoes into the launchbox.exe folder under the videos folder>console>trailer.

its just a few that I do not have so I am just going to leave it as is.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:57 PM, Launchboxnoob said:

Hello, I am looking to see if there is a way to mass update the media file paths for my games?

I found a post from like 6 years ago but I'm sure things have changed since then and I'm hoping there is a way to mass update the game path under media as I found this being missing the reason why I was unable to scan emumovies for videos.

Also, if there is not and I manually map all my games, when my drive dies, will these mappings carry over to the new drive when I move the data?

Thanks

There is built in functionality to move media folders. I believe it's under under Tools > Manage > Platforms and from there you select folders and change the path accordingly. There will be folder path for games/ROMS, images, videos, etc. You will be prompted if you want all existing files in the folder to be transferred to the new location.

If you change the location due to moving media files to a new disk, then you would need to setup the new disk exactly as the previous one. That means same drive letter, and same folder structure within. If either of those things change then you will need to remap the new location path.

2 hours ago, Launchboxnoob said:

It looks like you have to pay emumovies to do this.

if you're referring to you need to have a subscription with emumovies to scrape/download from them within LB then that is true. if you mean you need to pay emumovies to move folder location of media files around, that is not true.