LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezels cut off games for multiple CORES in Retroarch

The_Rainmaker

So with my setup, I have an ultrawide 1080p monitor that I was using as a primary display when I installed and when I started working in Launchbox.

Now I am using a 4K TV from LG.

The problem is that the bezels cut off the side edges of many of my games on the 4k Monitor.

I am curious if the root cause is my original resolution which was 2560 x 1080, to the current 3840 x 2160 display type.

I am still figuring out the basics, but I know that while playing a game, let's say NHL 99 for N64, I can use the in-game Retroarch menu to turn off the bezel but it comes back next time I launch.

My goal is to either make the bezels fit properly on all games, or disable them all together.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by The_Rainmaker

you likely need to change aspect ratio options in Retroarch. this will fix the game display being cut off. bezels are meant for a 16:9 aspect ratio to leave a 4:3 aspect ratio for the game to be displayed in. if the game doesn't render at 4:3 then it's likely it will be clipped or you end up with black bars around the game.

you can turn off bezels in the overlay menu, which you obviously know if you have turned them off. you must have turned off auto save on exit of Retroarch or else those settings would be saved. so just save settings manually with the overlay off and it will be permanently off. change it in the core settings for all games for that core, or do it individually by game. alternatively you can nuke the settings all together by deleting the files. they will be auto generated again with default settings. if you go that route though you wouldn't be able to turn overlays on again without going through the setup process.