LaunchBox Community Forums

An idea: game unlocks

Maul83

You know how in a game you might unlock stuff like concept art, videos, etc?

What about a feature where you can do thank in Launchbox? I know it sounds silly with all the images LB can already download and show you, but I download all that stuff but never really look at it, besides box art and video snaps.

Now here is an example of how it would work. Say you are playing Super Mario Bros, and you have RetroAchievements linked to your emulator.

When you download all the images (it could be something someone put together here in the forums), LB will put stuff like Fan Art, Concept Art, in a seperate folder. You can obviously find that on your computer where ever you want, but once you achieve certain achievement milestones using RetroAchievements, you will see an 'unlocks' section in Big Box for that game. 

There you can view the unlocked files. For example the game might have a concept art file for Level one of game, and once you get the achievement complete level one, Big Box will show you the files linked to that achievement.

I'm not a dev by any stretch, so I don't know if its possible, but its just an idea I had.

• Like 3