LaunchBox Community Forums

Dosbox Configuration jumps folders, HELP?

OzDrDj

Hi there, 

I am building a package of Leisure Suit Larry Games, and to get LL1 LL2 and LL3 to work, I have them all in a folder LSL and then each of the games in seperat directories LL1 LL2 and LL3 under that. 

Now to get dos box to work with seperate configs, I put a copy of dosbox in each directory, then made a batch file in the main directory (LSL) to point to each subdirectory and DosBox.exe to start each game, each dosbox hasthe "DOSBox 0.74-3 Options" file different for different versions. BUT the configuration seems to jump between folders, how is this possible? I go into directory LL1 and change the "DOSBox 0.74-3 Options" file to start LSL1.bat, then I exit here and go to the LS2 directory, and low and behold the "DOSBox 0.74-3 Options" in this folder has changed also to LSL1 to match the other folder. How can the config, instantly jump to every "DOSBox 0.74-3 Options" in each of the 3 folders. This makes no sense at all.

Edited by OzDrDj
spelling, stupid fingers.

Well I figured it out myself, took a few days, but my version of Dosbox was not portable and did have a config file stored in the windows directory, which was no good for my purpose. 

Thanks for all those who jumped in here and helped.