LaunchBox Community Forums

BB suddenly starts with a black "screensaver"??!

Alex F.

When I start Bigbox (using the Retrotastic Theme) the screen is black, and only when I move the mouse the picture comes up, like a screensaver.

I really don't want that and have no idea why BB suddenly behaves that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Alex F. said:

Not that I knew! It started to show this behavior only today.....

I was thinking if you were using a startup video that it could have gotten corrupted or is taking a long time to load. if you're not using one, I'm not sure what else to check to help troubleshoot.

well ok maybe I got a couple ideas. try using the default theme and/or a different custom theme. make sure the problem is not related to just a specific theme or a setting within

you could also try reinstalling over your existing installation. it will NOT overwrite anything meaningful like all your media or platforms and games etc. so all your hard work putting together your library will stay in tact. what this does is if some random file got corrupted or deleted it would replace/recreate those files.