LaunchBox Community Forums

I am having trouble with LEDBlinky, please help =]

Update: Once I was in Launchbox and found the options page, and then found the LEDblinky section, I pointed to the LEDBlinky path and everything seems to work now m- the button colors change based on what game is loaded up/demoed. Yay! ...I wish that step was included in the LEDBlinky tutorial...

Anyway, Now I am having an issue with changing the button colors. In this situation, I am trying to change the coin and start buttons for NBA Hangtime. I have tried to change the coin and start buttons, as well as changing the color of the turbo button for player 2. I see there are two nbajamhangtime files in LEDBLinky Controls, one ends in 2play and the other name ends in xbox (what's the difference?). I tried changing the colors for the aforementioned buttons in both named games and neither seem to take effect when I launch the game. What am I doing wrong? lol This is so frustrating! 

Before the update:

I had LEDBlinky working correctly on my first machine just fine for 3 years. A few days ago I decided to buy another PC (with a beefier CPU to handle GoldenTee) and have been successful setting everything up, except for LEDBlinky. I went through their tutorial and followed every step (at least I think I did).

When I start LEDBlinky, it automatically starts to lightup and speak for each button of LB/BB, even though I havenbt launched LB/BB yet - weird.

When attractmode is on, the buttons dont light up according to the game being demoed ( Im pretty sure this did work on my previous machine).

When I start a game (TMNT), the active buttons for LB/BB are still white. They did not change to match the game. I tried this for a few games and each time I start a game, it only shows the active LB/BB buttons as white.

I suspected LEDBlinky is having a problem with my MAME.xml file, so I looked at the MAME.xml file from the old machine. They were indeed different, so I change the xml path in LEDBlinky to point to the MAME.xml file copied over from my old arcade machine. Still same problem. 

Also, when I look at LEDBlinky Controls Editor, I see only a handful of games (asteroid, qbert, sinistar,spyhunt, and tron). I tried playing those games thinking one of them would work, they dont. Same thing - Just LB/BB active buttons lit up. 

I read in another LEDBlinky post, someone asked for the debug log. Here is mine after opening BB and launching TMNT and then closing it all out once I confirmed LEDBlinky was not working correctly. 

Thanks in advance!!!!!

[removed the debug log since it is not necessary and took up a lot of space in this post]

Edited by jstreifel