LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch the 'disc drive' with an emulator??

mgs

Hi all  

Been playing around with BigBox and the configuration options are wild! However is there a way to create a 'dummy file' that is linked to my computer disc drive. 

When I then open the dummy file with a respective emulator (PCSX2) I can then boot a ps2 game disc directly from the PC disc drive. 

Is such a configuration possible? 

I did this for VLC player, and created VLC as an emulator, and selected my E: drive to boot Video_TS.IFO. In doing so I can boot any dvd movie into VLC, with the big box front end. So far I cant figure a way to do this for PCSX2. 

check out their wiki

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Command-line_support

image.thumb.png.e2523a6255a3cc03b6d852ac6cb905bb.png

image.thumb.png.4d730a33c7fa19959d7c3f315deed71a.png

I would try to make use of one of those parameters if it were me. I think the QT ones are if you are on the QT version ie 1.7.X and the WX stuff is if you are using 1.6. Further looks like a plugin needs configuration if on 1.6. Idk what PCSX2 version you use so just make sure you are using the right method/syntax for the version you run. But this wiki makes it clear you can launch directly using media in an optical drive.

Thank you kindly for the help! It worked. I didn't know what the difference was between WX or QT and your explation cleared it up. 

In case anyone else want to do something similar (there is always something nostalgic about putting the original disc in the tray) here is the following: 

-created a text file and named it 'dummy game.iso' 
-added it to launchbox as a game titled 'Insert Disc' 
-added the following command:   -disc E:\      This points PCSX2 to launch what ever game is in the physical disc tray. 

pcsx2 screen.JPG

• Like 1
  • Game On 1