LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade platform not showing after import

Stel

I’ve been able to add various consoles to an nvidia shield installation but I’m baffled as to why the arcade platform isn’t apppearing?  

I have a full rom set, use the same technique to show Launchbox the rom folder, go through the same see all the roms then proceed - green line completing, Launchbox crashing after xml file restarting (a bug ? bit weird without warning) but no arcade platform once I start Launchbox .  Help, What am I doing wrong? I’ve tried three times now… is it the crash when gets to the end of import/writing to xml?

cheers 

• 4 weeks later...

I started fresh again and got it working by only importing approx 250 roms (best of arcade) which settled the whole process down.  I'll start to add more systems after I work out the answer to the dreaded black screen when trying to launch from Launchbox into Retroarch.  Launching directly from Retroarch loads the games fine... :( 

Edited by Stel

I have got it working, the Scan & add Arcade rom bit  a few times but I needed to re scan it and lost it.  I've tried many ways to add games in but nothing has stuck.  
I only need to add MAME & that's it everything else is working fine that I know of.

Now the loading of MAME rom's is screwed up.  I'm not sure if they know or it's being worked on but Launchbox is assigning roms I don't have to load. 
So when you want to load POW I have roms pow.zip & powj.zip but Launchbox is setting powb.zip as the rom to load which obviously results in a black screen.
I've checked other roms/games like Out Zone and it's the same, it's setting the wrong default rom.  In retroarch you just select the correct rom you have and it'll work fine as you have that rom!
I've got the same rom set working fine on other devices not using Launchbox.

So I'm hoping I haven't wasted my money & just waiting for an update soon.

I posted here

Find one that isn't working in Launchbox MAME but is working in RetroArch - find it in Launchbox - Select the game & look at the list, where it says edit meta data click that.
In the meta data it will show you the .zip it's trying to run.  So for me that says powb.zip (which I don't have & shouldn't be there). 
Then check if you have this (rom in the meta data) rom in your Mame roms folder you imported.  If you don't have that rom then that's why you get the black screen.
To fix it point the meta data rom .zip to one you do have & it should work.

Just writing this and Android Launchbox has just been updated so hopefully this fixes all this!!!

Cheers and thanks, Ill check out the metadata  - my tests have been with 10 yard fight ;) 

I have seen the update come thru and done it. I am yet to rescan the MAME roms again (I started from scratch once again). I suspect it is all this reinstalling and uninstalling that Android can’t handle?  Just a hunch…

Ok keep updating. 
if you deleted all the arcade roms then re imported, I used not a full set option, and it still doesn’t work? Then yes definitely check which rom you have compared to what LB is trying to load in the metadata. 
Maybe find a new romset? I know capcom stuff has been updated in MAME 2003 plus, as I needed to update my whole set using a newer set and those work now. 
Also make sure your setting the emulator setting to MAME 2003 plus or what ever you’re using.