LaunchBox Community Forums

Crash at second start and after can anyone help?

zdemigod

Hello everyone this is what I am doing to replicate this, I have done it twice, same results:

1. Install in an empty folder
  2. Open the program
  3. Link Steam, EA, origin, GoG and EGS as storefronts, change it to "all games" instead of "installed games"
  4. Close the program
  5. Open the program again

I tried running the program as admin and that was not it, not sure why there is an issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.8
Theme:   Default
Type:    System.NullReferenceException
Site:    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Processes.AutoImportGame] ScanForGames(Boolean ByRef)
Source:  LaunchBox

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Processes.Scanning.ScanForGames(Boolean& hasExpiredCredentials)
   at PolicyResolver.CalculateFailureDescriptor(Boolean& hasExpiredCredentials, PolicyResolver )
   at Unbroken.Queues.RefFacadeQueue.DestroyDistributedModel(List`1& value)
   at ParameterAnnotation.CalculateFailureDescriptor(List`1& value, ParameterAnnotation )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<>c.ReflectDistributedBridge()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.UpdateAbstractBridge(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CalculateLiteralAdapter()
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()

Edit:

I don't have any third party AV on, tried removing real time protection from defender, didn't help.

Edited by zdemigod

• zdemigod changed the title to Crash at second start and after can anyone help?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having this same issue. I have narrowed it down to a problem with GOG. I added Steam, Epic and EA one at a time with no problem. They each gave me the list of all games on each store front. Every time I try GOG it give me the same message as you. When I log Out GOG, everything is fine.

So you do not have to turn off Auto import if you would rather have it on.

Would like some help getting GOG up and running though.

Hay. I just found a solution. In your GOG profile setting. You want to set the following to: all visitors.

Your profile page including activity and active friends can be seen by: all visitors

Your full game library can be seen by: all visitors

Your full list of friends can be seen by: all visitors

I seen this in another post. He got a reply from an admin.

On 11/2/2023 at 2:46 PM, Taarak15 said:

Hay. I just found a solution. In your GOG profile setting. You want to set the following to: all visitors.

Your profile page including activity and active friends can be seen by: all visitors

Your full game library can be seen by: all visitors

Your full list of friends can be seen by: all visitors

I seen this in another post. He got a reply from an admin.

This didn't work for me. I verified those GOG settings and I still get crashing every time from either auto-import or manually selecting scan storefront games.