LaunchBox Community Forums

PS2 Emu through Retroarch - Upscaling Issues

Tantrumus

Hello,

I am a new BigBox owner and this is my first time post.

Last night I spent several hours figuring out how to get all my PS2 CHD to work.   Initially I was just using the native emulator and then after some web searching I realized the latest core in Retroarch did it very easily.

Once I got passed this I wanted to try and upscale the stock resolution of the PS2 similar to what I do in Dolphin for Gamecube/Wii etc.

Got that working, tried 720P, 1080P and runs good except the image corruption that I am seeing.

Sometimes the right side of the image will smear away off the right of the screen.   Other times weird textures appear where they shouldnt that have text on them sometimes etc.

Main question.    Are there any known good "best practice" compromise settings for upscaling the latest core in Retroarch that have overall better functionality?   Don't have a lot of info on my current config as I'm at work but just hoping there are some sample configs I can look at.

Thanks!