LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with 1.10 on android 13 in dex

polygaryd

I have the newest version of retroarch straight from their site as well as the latest stable launchbox installed on a galaxy s21 with android 13 installed. I only want to use this on dex mode so the phone screen will shut off and display solely on the tv while I play. My roms are on an external usb type c 2.5" 2tb hdd. Launchbox starts, I import the roms, set up the emulator settings correctly, retroarch has the corresponding cores downloaded and everything looks good. It is setup the same on my chromecast 4k which has android 12 installed with a usb-c pd hub and same external drive (I switch between the s21 and the chromecast). Works perfect on chromecast (obviously no dex mode) and will not work on the s21 in dex mode. When lanuching the game it leaves launchbox and then hangs. It does work if the game is local on the internal storage and then I can not have the USB type c hub connected and therfore not be in dex mode.

The whole point of buying launchbox was to get around retroarch not supporting external drives with the new bs file system structure in android 11 and up. Since launchbox worked great for being able to access roms on external media and passing them to reteoarch properly on the chromecast I expected it to work on any android device. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Launchbox and retro arch have the permissions they need from android os. Am I missing something?

Edited by polygaryd