LaunchBox Community Forums

Console window hiding on startup/shutdown, how does it work?

Zanchos

I see this option in the emulator tab, and I have selected it, but I am not noticing any difference with it on. I do not see the startup window during game loading, but I do see the exit window for some emulators with it on during game exit. It’s the same as if I have it off. Am I not understanding what this option specifically does?

On 11/3/2023 at 5:28 AM, Zanchos said:

Am I not understanding what this option specifically does?

Sounds like you may be misunderstanding. As far as I can tell this feature's intention was to hide the command prompt window ("console" window in this feature's context) but that would only impact emulators that would have a visible command prompt window when booting and/or running. Hence why you may think it does nothing with another emulator, like Retroarch for example, which doesn't create a command prompt window. So, best example I can give where I actually utilize this feature is MAME. If it's not enabled you will see the associated command prompt window along with the actual game window