LaunchBox Community Forums

Game submissions erroring out.

JereBear

Beginning a handful of days ago I've been getting this error every couple new-game submissions I send in. 

image.thumb.png.f48df57cdc763fe4bcd773fa13ed6b6f.png

It's only happened to me when I submit new games. 

After this happens, the first few details get submitted but the rest of the submission is lost.

I just tried to submit a new entry for Astral Ascent but this is all that went through. I had it completely filled out with info and images when submitting. 
image.thumb.png.9c8f52678cca01d6a1823bd7d40f3d3c.png

Not a big deal just slightly annoying as I have to wait until it gets accepted to add the lost information. 

I have tried a different browsers. VPN on/off. Ad blockers on/off. But it has continued to happen. 

• 1 month later...

I had this happen today for half the games I was adding.

Even worse, I see that resubmitting leads to two entires for new game (see screenshot below). This will lead to either duplicate games (if the moderator of the second game isn't paying attention) or me getting a bunch of rejections on my account and possibly that the less complete version is the one approved.

Is it possible for someone to go into my list and clean out the first (less complete) entry for each game where it happened? I'd guess there's maybe 10 games that had the issue.

image.thumb.png.3235602cc1c481750aab18349881d599.png

Hi!!

I just read it and it's something that happened to me in several occasions.

If you copy the Publisher or Development information from pages like MobyGames or Steam, and select a bit more that the text, the tabulator must be copied (or something like that). When you paste it, shouldn't show any error, but when you save the info, is when it fails. I assume it is trying to search in Publisher/Development something named "tabulator" and cause the error from that part onwards.

In my case, by being careful, it hasn't happened again

• Thanks 1