LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox appears to ignore Custom DosBox version - when sorted by custom fields

Kiinkyfoxx

Hi All,

EDIT: Please see bottom for original message

New message

I have found two work arounds, not sure if it is a bug or a user specific issue.

I have used custom fields on certain DosBox-X/DosBox emulated games

When I arrange/sort the games by one of these custom fields, LaunchBox ignores the custom DosBox exe request, but when I sort by Title or anything else it works.

Simple option is just leave in title and normally they are but it wasn't earlier and that's what caused the issue, I had been doing some work on tidying things up/improving my theme and had left sorted by Controller type.

Why would LaunchBox ignore the custom exe but only when sorted by a custom field that has a value in it?

Thanks for any help.

image.thumb.png.45c015735e6d735ec8369a0406e44572.png

Original message;

I thought I would play a game today, but unfortunately LaunchBox appears to be ignoring the custom Dosbox Version path.

Rather than using Dosbox-X it is loading DosBox 0.74 from the third party folder.

image.thumb.png.9aa71b76b1f1e55d570986a2a9b143bc.png

I know it use to work, so not sure what has changed.

I have tested several other games and they are all doing the same

DosBox-X is 06/10/23 and LaunchBox is 13.8

Anyone else having an issues or can any see where I'm going wrong?

The conf works for loading directly in DosBox-X

Its just LaunchBox ignores my request to use DoxBox-X 

Thanks in advance for any help

Ps If I rename the DosBox folder in Third Party I get an error stating DosBox cannot be found

image.thumb.png.0e1cc16d26c98e4809aee085b23193ea.png

PPS Copying DoxBox-X folder over to third party, renaming the folder and the exe to match the original DosBox makes it work, so having to trick LaunchBox, which means it is ignoring the custom path

Edited by Kiinkyfoxx
Change of problem/possible bug

• Kiinkyfoxx changed the title to LaunchBox appears to ignore Custom DosBox version - when sorted by custom fields