LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible alternative roms bug

Locutus73

Hi, I’m encountering an issue with the latest 1.11 Android apk regarding the alternative roms for the same game (I’ll use Ghosts 'n Goblins, gng.zip as an example, but I can see the same behavior with other games).

I’m trying to import a fbneo fullset and what I’m experiencing is that:

1) If I select the non fullset option, Ghosts 'n Goblins is launched with gng.zip and I don’t get any option for using alternative roms; I think this is the intended behaviour.

2) If I select the fullset option, Ghost ‘n Goblins is launched with gngt.zip if I opt for USA roms first or gnga.zip if I opt for World roms first; I have the alternative roms menu, but I get only the alternative roms, I don't have any base gng.zip rom option; same if I go into the default rom menu.

Basically I can only have the option of using gng.zip and no alternatives if I opt for non full set, or using only the alternatives, but no gng.zip if I opt for full set.

I think the 2) behavior is a bug and I should have the option to choose gng.zip and any alternative rom.

Thank you in advace.