LaunchBox Community Forums

What is "Scrape As"

starfiretbt

I tried importing a windows 98 game. Since I am emulating a windows 98 game through Retroarch I imported it as a ROM and chose it's platform as "windows 98." When I did that I got an option to "Scrape As."

I was wondering what it meant and what I was supposed to do. I searched for this term in the forum and I get the impression it arises when you "create" a new platform. I did do this for "windows 98" as that wasn't a platform and it seemed the only way to assign a windows 98 emulator to a windows 98 game.

Untitled.png

I just did more research after writing my post and found this

I haven't finished the video yet but it sounds like "scrape as" is for finding metadata. I would select my custom platform and launchbox would search the platform I "scraped as" for metadata.

EDIT: Sorry for bothering you guys, I thought I did enough research before I posted but turns out I just needed to research more. I never know when enough work is enough work.

Edited by starfiretbt
felt an explanation was required for why I posted an answer to my own question
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1