LaunchBox Community Forums

[Tutorial] Xbox One Controller > Apple TV > Moonlight > Sunshine > Big Box

Light Sock

Took me quite a while to make the Xbox One controllers to register correctly in Big Box using an Apple TV with Moonlight connecting to a computer with Sunshine and Big Box installed.

* First of all the Xbox Guide button is hardcoded on the Apple TV and you wont be able to map it to anything.

** The Share button seem to be the best button to use to bring the Pause Screen in Big Box but it doesn't work in Big Box

1. Install Steam on your computer that has Big Box and Sunshine installed to
  2. Configure your Xbox One controllers on your Apple TV using Bluetooth
  3. Launch Steam on your Apple TV from Moonlight
  4. Go Settings > Controller > Guide button focuses Steam (set to disabled)
  5. In the same screen scroll down to Xbox Extended Feature Support Driver (hit Install and reboot your computer)
  6. Now launch Big Box from Moonlight on your Apple TV and set the controller hotkey to bring the Pause Menu to the Share button

There you have it, you can now use the Share button to toggle the Pause Menu in any game. This is practical since you can use the Select (Button 7) and Start (Button 😎 normally as intended in your games.

The only downside to this configuration is that the controller driver maps  Button 7 + Button 8 to Button 11 (Share button). Quite annoying since holding Select + Start will toggle Button 11 and in fact open the Pause Menu. I would have personally liked to be able to use this Select + Start to toggle the Retroarch menu. In Retroarch setup Button 7 (Select) as your hotkey button under Settings > Hotkeys. Then setup Button 10 (RS) as the toggle Retroarch Menu. This will fix conflicts with our Big Box hotkey.

Additional notes for Yuzu emulator; on my setup I wasn't able to leave the Yuzu emulator within the Pause Menu of Big Box. It would only toggle Fullscreen Off, then I had to exit a second time through the Pause Menu in order to close completely Yuzu. I was able to fix this annoying behaviour by clearing all hotkeys in Yuzu and adding only Ctrl + Q for Exit Yuzu hotkey. Then from this starting point you can add only the hotkeys you want, if any. Add them one by one so that you can try and see if that breaks the exit AHK script in the Pause Menu.

Hope this helps.