LaunchBox Community Forums

Games not importing correctly

Romeo9

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can assit me, I purched LaunchBox for Android a few days ago with the intent to use it on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro. Unfortunatly I've run into an issue that I don't quite know how to fix.

It involves game imports. I have a few games from a few systems. Notably from older systems such as Amiga, Nintendo and SEGA, Sony. So far I have attempted to import games from 5 different systems with only one system properly importing the games and downloading the box art and meta data. 

All the other systems do one of two things, Either it counts the games and then proceeds to create an item for each with each being given the name of the root folder the games are located in with no art work nothing else coming up just a list of the root folder name repeated, that's it. The other thing it does is it would get the names of each game but it would either add at the front or the back depending on the system a random number. In the one instance it looks as if the games' ID from the database has been imported with the name and placed in front of the game name. Once again no art work nothing. Also these games do not launch. 

The systems I have imported so far have their games in various formats such as .sms .gc .iso .zip etc... The only system that works is one that makes use of zip. When I import the games is reads through the list and displays all the games by name to me before I select contine import and yet it doesn't import them properly. I have used the default settings to import as well as settings that I believe match the conditions of the games folder, the settings make no difference. 

I really don't know what else I can do at this point. Any assistance or advice would be greatly apprecaited. Given that there is a huge lack of information on the internet including here on the forum regarding this issue I'm sure there is something that I am missing so once again any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and take care everyone.