LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox App Crash

BiRaitBec

Hello there, i decided to update launchbox yesterday from 13.8 to 13.11 stable release.

And in doing so i noticed the application crashing constantly. Especially after selecting platform category or platform view in the side bar. It opens with the filter of completed or not, and there i can scroll through all games normally, only when applying an other category view it crashes.

This is the error viewed on Windows Event Viewer.

Application ERROR

Faulting application name: LaunchBox.exe, version: 13.11.0.0, time stamp: 0x64b073ea
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time stamp: 0x3091b6fb
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000006567c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x1500
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA5D7506BBDDC6
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Desktop\LaunchBox\Core\LaunchBox.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: a4ec744c-53a5-4c24-8959-d60568130db5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

.NET Runtime ERROR

Application: LaunchBox.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.2123.36311
.NET Version: 6.0.21
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Integrations.RetroAchievements.RetroAchievements.GetGamesForConsole(String username, String apiKey, String consoleId)
   at Unbroken.Roles.ResolverConnection.QueryCompositeSystem(IList`1 key)
   at TagClass.InsertCommonInterpreter(IList`1 key, TagClass )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass81_0.TestCompositeFactory()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.StopJmsExpression(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CancelMetaModel()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Thanks in advance

Having similar issue. I updated from 13.8 to 13.11 and it looks like if it's shows the green progress bar like if it's going to load, then it crashes. It disappears and Launchbox does not load. Bummer. Really wanted to update to 13.11