LaunchBox Community Forums

Fuzzy media title recognition causing issues with games with close titles

Flyojumper

If I import two roms of two different Commodore 64 games, "Cliff Hanger (12142).zip" and "Cliffhanger (1520).zip", they are properfly recognized as two different games by Launchbox, "Cliff Hanger" and "Cliffhanger", so far so good.

However, their appropriately named medias placed in the appropriate folders get picked up and jumbled together by Launchbox. Let's say "Cliff Hanger (12142).zip" has its video "Cliff Hanger (12142).mp4" in the video folder and "Cliffhanger (1520).zip" does not have its own video, both games will display the same video from the former game. The same thing happens for screenshots, box art, manuals, etc... if either is lacking an art it will wrongfully pull it from the other game, despite their names not matching.

This is happening on at least a dozen of my Commodore 64 games, and that's just the ones I noticed, there are probably more that have mismatched art that I just haven't seen yet.

I took extreme care to have my media match my rom names to the exact character, and I'm not sure how to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The import tool can properly distinguish the two games, it only makes sense that the media association should match it.

Could we please have an optional toggle to enforce strict media title matching and not fuzzy if it is the user's choice?