LaunchBox Community Forums

(SOLVED) Pointed LaunchBox to my PS3 Folder, and it missidentified many files as games

kwanbis

EDIT: found the problem myself.

If you point LaunchBox to a folder that has subfolders for the games, it works. For example:

PS3
 ---- GAME1
 ---- GAME2
 ---- GAME3

However, if you have more than one level to look for the games, LaunchBox gets too far ahead. In my case I had:

PS3
 ----SINGLE PLAYER GAMES
      ---- GAME1
      ---- GAME2
      ---- GAME3
 ----MULTI PLAYER GAMES
      ---- GAME4
      ---- GAME5
      ---- GAME6

And I pointed LaunchBox to the PS3 folder.

To fix it, I just pointed Launchbox to each subfolder (SINGLE PLAYER GAMES and MULTI PLAYER GAMES.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST

For example, it create a game called 61d91e77004ed049 that points to:

..\PS3\SINGLE\Metal Gear Solid V the Phantom Pain [BLES02102]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\master\c3b\61d91e77004ed049.dat

61d8915aff32f94d that points to: 

..\PS3\SINGLE\Metal Gear Solid V the Phantom Pain [BLES02102]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\master\c3b\61d8915aff32f94d.dat

"ash 020 town rus" that points to:

..\PS3\SINGLE\God of War Collection Volume II [BCES01277]\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\data\gos\packfiles\ash_020_town_rus.bin

etc.

Any ideas why and how can I fix it? Thanks.

Edited by kwanbis
Solution Found.

• kwanbis changed the title to (SOLVED) Pointed LaunchBox to my PS3 Folder, and it missidentified many files as games