LaunchBox Community Forums

More peculiarities when downloading media in LB13.11

Rinusch

Hi,

I've reported some more issues with media category priority settings and downloading media, but this intentionally is a separate post in order not to confuse different findings together.

I noticed two more strange behavioural issues when trying some scenario's. The game tested was Cauldron for platform Amstrad CPC.

1. I found that the media category priority settings impact the options that are presented to the user when downloading media from Emumovies via (Tools->Download->Update metadata and media for selected games). When I set every media category priority setting to contain only 1 option (the 'default' option, e.g. 'box-front' under 'box front priorities' and so on.. ), media types 'Compact Disc' and 'Floppy Disk' are not visible. When I revert all media category priority settings back to their default values, those media types are visible however.
  2. Either way (no matter which scenario you pick for the first bullet in terms of settings), when you download the floppy disc image from Emumovies via the 'edit game' window and close it, you are again presented the suggestion to download the  floppy disc image. And if you keep it selected, it also downloads the same duplicate image. When you try the same not via Emumovies but via the LB DB, this doesn't happen.

Maybe this is a more generic issue under the hood, so I thought it might be something important for the devs to look into.

Regards!