LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Discovery Center Recommending Hidden Games

I recently set up a new Launchbox installation and it automatically searched for local folders, like Steam.  The local games were included under the created Windows platform.  For this install, I am focusing exclusively on pinball games like VPX tables.  I marked all of the local games as hidden, and also selected the hide in Big Box for the Windows Platform and the Computer Platform Category.  This worked well to hide the games in Launchbox, but I noticed in Big Box discovery center it is recommending games that I have marked hidden.  I made sure the Big Box setting to show hidden games was not selected, but either way it will not remove the hidden games.  I could just delete the games, but it seems the Discovery Center should adhere to the hidden games setting.  The games do not appear anywhere else in Big Box, just the discovery center.  I tried refreshing the media without success.  I am using the most recent version 13.11.

Also, I am curious; is there a way to install Launchbox, maybe via command line, that skips searching local folders?

Thanks for your time.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 163342.png

Screenshot 2024-03-02 163454.png

Screenshot 2024-03-02 163848.png

Screenshot 2024-03-02 163952.png

Edited by B-17 Bomber
Added Screenshots

In order to resolve this issue, I reinstalled Launchbox and attempted to recreate the problem.  Big Box respected the games that I marked hidden, although it did show artwork from hidden games at one point.  However, this did not persist.  What I would like to see is a way to disable all automatic imports on installation and initial startup.  Placing the "Enable Automatic Imports On Startup" option during the install would have solved this problem for me.  I could have unchecked it and Launchbox would have no preinstalled games or image assets on first boot.

Launchbox is a fantastic program, and I appreciate everyone's efforts to understand and improve it.

image.png

In order to obtain a clean install of Launchbox without any storefront games and metadata downloads, I used a non-gaming laptop.  Upon the initial startup you will be greeted with a prompt to populate your collection.  This might help if you encounter an unexpected problem from automatic imports.  Even deleting the games I had hidden, did not remove them from Big Box discovery center.  So now I can start over without having to hide anything and import only the games specific to this installation.  Good news!

Screenshot 2024-03-04 130055.png