LaunchBox Community Forums

Download box artwork option for regions even if they are unified in one game

Morthux

When you have multiple region of the same game unified, Launchbox only downloads the default one. You need to have the different regions separated as a unique game for Launchbox to download their respective box artwork. I suggest an option that you can tick, so when downloading the metada, it downloads the different artwork for regions you have unified under the same game.

Then have another option to select, globally or per plattform/category, which region box artwork to show.

And if a unified game have multiple region boxes, all 3D boxes should show in the area, so you can take a look without changing it globally. The one where you can see the video, screenshots, etc... 

I know the option to create playlists exist, or to filter games by region. What I suggest is a way to have all regions mixed in a unique console library under the same titles, with the option to see the different regions artwork (Even manuals). Most of my games are USA, but some of them where only released in Japan or Europe, so I don't want to have to change playlist, or have three regions fully separated by filters in the same console, which would not work for me because it would show duplicated games.

Edited by Morthux
  • Like 1