LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for unique space invaders-like DOS game.

adrnf64

Hi,

I'm looking for unique space invaders-like DOS game. It looks something like in attached image. Player ship has few rockets, each of these has different firepower and respawns with some time. Enemies are not shooting, only approach forward, one by one. When the game starts, there are not as many of enemies like in  Space invaders. Enemies has different shape, color, speed and HP.

game.png

• 2 months later...

Damn bro. Did you ever find the game? I have an extensive collection of MSDOS games. It's very likely I have it. But it's a lot of games to go through, even just the "Shooter" category on Launchbox gives me a very large selection of games to look for it. Ill play around with them this month, and let you know if I find something like that.

But for now, answer the following questions:

• Approximate year you played it?
  • Any other specific enemy designs or behaviors?
  • Do you remember the color scheme (EGA, VGA, etc.)?
  • Any unique sound effects or music?
  • Whether it was a commercial game or shareware?

This could help pinpoint the game.

Edited by Hiddenpalm

9 hours ago, adrnf64 said:

I played this game around 1992, enemies moves only in straight lines from up to down. I don't now color scheme or license of this game, I played it without sound. 

That should help narrow down the search significantly. Assuming it's an early 1990s game using VGA graphics (maybe EGA) and not an older early 80s game using monochrome or CGA graphics, that you saw in 1992.

Ill play around this month with my DOS games. Im not going to focus on looking for it, just when Im retro gaming, Ill try to play more shooter DOS games from the early 1990s than usual. It's a lot of games. Supposedly I have over 22,000 games, but I know many of them dont work. It should be in there somewhere. I'll keep you posted with what I find.