LaunchBox Community Forums

Can anyone tell me, what should be the custom emulator values for Sudachi?

Jeno_Jodi

• 3 months later...

I've been thoroughly testing the Sudachi emulator over the past few weeks, and I have to say the latest version (currently 1.07) is truly impressive. It works significantly better than its predecessor, Yuzu, and even Ryujinx. I managed to complete The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening in 4K at a steady 60 fps, with no performance drops or crashes. It's incredible—it runs smoother than a PC game and even better than the original game on the Switch. Of course you have to apply the right mods for some games, but they are easily found.

I can't wait for the new chapter from developer Grezzo, The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, to be released on September 26th! 🥰

You can download the latest version here: https://sudachi.emuplace.app

To answer your question, the emulator executable is named sudachi.exe, and the game ROM should be in .xci or .nsp format (although the latter is often used for game updates).

image.thumb.png.e337e4d1f83bed817048506f8e5950f6.png

Edited by Sbaby

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2024 at 7:32 PM, Jeno_Jodi said:

I know the custom emulator package name. But can't figure out what the activity name and rom Path key should be 

Please try using the app "Package Name Viewer" (Google Play).
You will be able to see the package name and activity name. I think it's okay to leave the ROM passkey field blank.

The above content will be written in Japanese below.

「Package Name Viewer」というアプリ(GooglePlay)を使用してみてください。
パッケージ名とアクティビティ名がわかります。ROMパスキーは空欄で大丈夫だと思います。

On 10/13/2024 at 3:50 AM, getsmod0 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's great to hear that the latest version of the Sudachi emulator (1.07) is performing so well, especially compared to Yuzu and Ryujinx. Completing The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening in 4K at 60 fps with no issues sounds impressive! I appreciate the tip about applying mods—it's always good to know that these are accessible and make a big difference in performance. Definitely sounds like a solid emulator option for Switch gaming!

Thank you so much for your message! It's always a pleasure to share experiences and I'm glad the information was helpful to you. Let me update you with the latest news: I have passed almost 90% of the new game The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom and can draw some conclusions. Using Sudachi (which at the time of writing has reached version 1.0.11), the game works very well, with the only problem of audio problems in the world of nowhere. I read in the changelog that this problem will be fixed soon.

As for Ryujinx (of which there is a new fork), I experienced minor problems with stuttering, especially during the initial loading of shaders, and an unstable framerate. However, to my surprise, I have noticed significant improvements through various patches/mods, including the essential [Stabilize FPS Normal Version v1.0.1]. In practice, I used Sudachi most of the time, except when I entered the nowhere worlds, where I preferred Ryujinx because of the more correct background audio. This alternation between emulators was possible without problems thanks to an AHK script that synchronizes my save files between the two emulators every time I start the game.

With both emulators, the game runs much better than playing directly on the original Switch console, where the framerate drops are so severe as to become unbearable.

Note: I apologize to everyone for sharing Windows experiences in an Android topic but I am dumb and had not read the Android membership group 😵‍💫

Edited by Sbaby