LaunchBox Community Forums

Setup using a notebook

EduardoR

I am using a notebook to run LaunchBox in a cabinet built inside a wardrobe.

I am looking for a solution to have an on/off switch outside the notebook to start it.

Also, I'd like to go straight into Launchbox once started.

Has anyone done that?

tks

I'm not sure about the button but there is now an option in BigBox settings to replace the windows shell entirely. This will cause Windows to login to start directly into BigBox when you login. Alternatively, you can also just create a shortcut in C:/Program Files/Startup and it will load whatever program it is with Windows. For an arcade cabinet setup, the first method is much cleaner and provides a speed boost since explorer.exe is not loaded.

I dont personally use a on off switch but it seems to me like you are going to need something that will trigger the power of the laptop, either directly wired to the motherboard or to simply hit the power button of the laptop, maybe someone has more ideas on that one.