LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox, controller and save file problem

point7

Hi all.

I always played on my laptop with retroarch and Pcsx2 , and i used my PS5 controller connected with BT and everything works perfect on laptop.

But now i got myself a Minipc to put on my tv and only use it for emulation.

so i instald launchbox ( payed version ) on it to have everything at one place also it instald retroarch and Pcsx2 in it.

Now with PS2 games i dont seem to have a problem all is working as i wand.

but with my ps1 games on retroarch my ps5 controller wil not work on the games, in RA it does see the controller and it says its mapped to port 1.

and i copyed the settings from my laptop where it works perfect , but on my minipc in launchbox it does not ?

anyone know what it can be ?

then second problem.

i copyed the ps1 save files from my laptop and i put then in the same folder on the mini pc  but then it does not find any save when i try to load the file ?

can anyone help me ?

Are you having the issue on all cores or only the psx core? You may want to check your input settings while in game in the retroarch quick menu, maybe your imported config has another controller id set as core input remap or something like that.

for ps2 games it seems to work better , but it does seem to be laggy and diconnect and reconnect somtimes.

but with retroarch in launchbox it will not work, if i use retroarch outside launchbox it works fine.

it seems that when i use launchbox the problems happen.

I've seen a few people complain about this in the forums when using the default dinput drivers.

Basically I use ds4windows and emulate all my non xinput controllers as xbox360 controllers (wether it is playstation or other controllers that ds4windows supports), it works great and even offers further options like battery indicators on the controller etc (with a dualsense at least).

Xinput drivers are generally better supported on windows and windows software.

Edited by Kefka2b

i did try ds4windows and indeed it does work then thx.

but i do still seem to have a connection problem after some playing then some imputs doen register and a sec later it works again.

20 minutes ago, point7 said:

i did try ds4windows and indeed it does work then thx.

but i do still seem to have a connection problem after some playing then some imputs doen register and a sec later it works again.

Make sure you install the hid hide input plugin that comes with ds4windows it will allow you to completely hide the playstation controller from the system. Maybe that's the root cause.

i think i might have found the problem, my mini pc is a all metal case and the antennas are internal so i think the signal is getting blockt.

i found others with same pc who also had wifi and BT problems , and some of them had the mod the antennas to the outside to make it work.

i will try that to

• Like 1