LaunchBox Community Forums

VRR not engaged starting from BigBox with VRR rule off

Hello,
i have this strange use case using BigBox. Since VRR with BigBox (using WPF) is not a good user experience, i made an adrenaline amd rule, adding BigBox as a game, turning VRR off.

With this rule i fix the laggish/stuttering experience, but i face the issue that launching a game through Retroarch, VRR is not engaged anymore. If i start a mame game, using mame standalone is all fine.

- If i disable BigBox rule, it comes back to work
- if i ALT ENTER twice it comes back to work
- if i start windowed and then i press ALT ENTER comes back to work
- if i start from Launchbox, it works
- if i plays with video output, changing vulkan to d3d11 i usually see that comes back to work till i close/re enter Big Box

I use Windows 11 and a RX 6400 with latest drivers, on a Samsung QN800A (65" Freesync Premium), I tried a lot of settings, disabled desktop fullscreen optimisation, disabled game loading screen, increased time of the game loading screen and so on, but with no luck.

On another PC i have a GT 1030, with a Lg Ultragear (Gsync compatible) and it works fine with a rule to shut down VRR for BB.
I put PC with Amd rx 6400 on Lg Ultragear, same issue. I cannot plug PC with GT 1030 to Samsung 65", since HDMI version is not 2.1 and cannot be used with Samsung VRR 2.1 monitor.

If some users could test this scenario and confirm the issue, would be great. I think that could be a driver issue, but maybe since AMD and NVIDIA works differently, a developer could surely sheds light on this.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...