LaunchBox Community Forums

Long Jewel Case 3D Model Warping Images

Whatscheiser

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I'm currently working on updating my media art for my Sega CD collection and I am noticing that the long jewel case model seems to distort any images I'm creating for the Sega CD. I'm basing the resolutions off of what I'm finding from original scans at SegaRetro.org ...It's only very slightly noticeable sometimes on front and back covers, but the spines are super squished. It became a little extra apparent recently when cleaning up the cover art for NHL '94. That spine contains a round NHL Official Product seal and, yeah its not round when viewed on that spine. It's become quite an oval.

I've not had this issue with the DVD cover or box models. Just the long jewel cases.

Resolution size for my spine is 208x2360 Which again, lines up pretty well with scanned artwork that I have from the original packaging. So I don't think I am producing an image that ratio wise would be something completely unexpected for the model to deal with.

I'm wondering if there is a certain resolution size I need to be shooting for, or could it be possible to get that model to conform to the size of the image it is displaying? Which I believe is how the 3D boxes are setup.

Thanks.

Edited by Whatscheiser

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the spine size of the "Long Jewel Case" model is much too skinny for SEGA CD, Saturn and Long Box PSX titles. These spines are actually around 22mm wide while, The "Long Jewel Case" 3D Model dimensions seem to be about 10mm, which is the size of a standard CD Jewel case spine.

• Thanks 1