LaunchBox Community Forums

How to play only original rom?

StephenC

I am having issues with retroarch where it will always start the game with a hacked or modified rom and not the original.  Given that the merged roms have all of the variants in the same zip file, is there any way to ensure that only the original rom is used without having to go into the zip file and delete all of the others?

In LaunchBox, highlight the game, and right click it and click on Edit

Go to Additional Applications, this is also were additional versions are

Then change which version is the default by highlighting that line and using the Default button

I think you obtained some funny NES ROM set because they should not be combined into a single archive file like that. it's going to run the first file found in the archive. If it were me, I would deal with this by unpacking all of those archives, then import the actual ROM files that were unpacked. You will essentially be reimporting your NES library because the way you got it setup now is not ideal