LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform sorting in Bigbox doesn't match Desktop sorting.

Maul83

image.thumb.png.c5053e29cab0495cce11b5e1fed86a1a.png image.png.762615d13f8f9bdfeb64ad509f35a719.png image.thumb.png.ac4cf808a998435ebc6e18e8ecb50161.png

First 2 screenshots are how my platforms are sorted in LB, the 3rd is how it looks in BB.

BB use to match what ever order desktop mode had, but I had to troubleshoot some stuff and I ended up just nuking my LB and reinstalling (which helped clean up and speed up a lot of it), so this is happening with the new install.

I'm sorting by clicking edit on the platform and adding a number to sort where I want those titles (1 - 40).

The last few platforms after the handhelds in my second  screenshot, didn't have a number because they just naturally fell to the bottom in the sorting pattern I wanted them . To troubleshoot I tried adding a number to them (everything has a number now), that didn't work. The NES and SNES Hacks have numbers but they are hidden in BB. For troubleshooting I removed the hide in BB checkmark which is why you can see it in my third screenshot. It didn't make a difference.

I'm using the most recent public version, and I'm using eXoDOS. I got it from the eXoDOS install of LB because it was easier than just transferring all that DOS stuff to my current config (which at the time I had to reinstall anyway to troubleshoot). BigBox is also showing 'Installed eXoDOS games' as a platform catagory instead of just MS-DOS as it looks in desktop mode.

In BB it doesn't matter what theme I've tried, this sorting issue is consistent.

Edited by Maul83