LaunchBox Community Forums

Play Box 5 1.0.0

(3 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

This is Play Box 5, An overhaul of Play Box 4 with Game title, description & background/fanart images available from Home Screen upon selecting each title from the Recently Played Shortcuts.
Lots of tweaks like fading menu controls, Home Screen Icons/Widgets & Banner/Box images have been enlarged slightly. Changed some of the Games Views & also New Walls Games Views. Hundreds of more Icons/Widgets & new videoborders for the WheelGamesView.
Make sure you Refresh all images in BigBox options/Image Cache.

This theme was designed on a 32 inch screen TV at a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080p. It's been tested on a 42 inch screen TV, 18 inch screen laptop & a 21 inch screen Desktop PC all at screen resolution of 1920 x 1080p. If there are any display problems then it can mostly be a scaling issue in Windows for example Settings/System/Scale & Layout = 125% or some TVs have scaling options in there picture settings or scaling options in Graphics card settings for example Nvidia Control Panel or ATI Radeon Catylist Control Center.

For a 4K display this can be achieved by changing the desktop resolution to 3840 x 2160 & change the windows scaling settings to 250% via the Windows/Settings/Display/Scale & Layout Setting but all your other apps ect may be zoomed in as Play Box was designed in a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Edited by daz
Updating details

• Like 12
  • Game On 2
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

ShaneMcC1131988

Buddy I love this theme but I can't seem to change the images in the platform wheel? Fucked with a few settings and now I just have text with the name of the console. Otherwise great theme. 

Link to review
boyoyster

· Edited by boyoyster

I really like this theme but when I use it the background videos don't scale properly for the handhelds and the ranking stars seem bugged it won't show its always at 0.

I tried the Play Box Version 4 everything scaling properly but I like V5 UI better please fix thank you or tell me how to fix

Link to review
donatello

I have been downloading themes left and right today and I gotta say WOW, man your theme is awesome! I love the ability to implement media viewing in addition to games. And I love the video snap in the corner view! What kinds of updates do you think you will be adding in future iterations? I currently run my PC in 1080p even though it can handle 4k just because my TV is 1080p, so no point. I have had no problems with any of the different view options mentioned in the comments section. Great job again!

Response from the author:

Thanks Donatello, That's a cool review. My next step is currently trying to recreate this theme in the Community Creater so that other people can use it in other screen resolutions. Future updates will be alterations to different views but i am also currently in the middle of creating System Bezels to use in Retroarch.

Link to review