LaunchBox Community Forums

5 Screenshots

About This File

Introduction

Liquid is a theme built to be pad friendly, to be displayed on medium and large screens, and to emphasize high fidelity audio systems.
All this in a minimal animated graphic, and with only the information you need to enjoy your videogame library.
No distractions, just good design and your videogames.

Enjoy it!

To install it, place the folder "Liquid" into "...\LaunchBox\Themes".

(This is the first theme I make myself, so don't eat me please.)
If you have any requests or want to edit it to improve it, I also leave the files of the Community Theme Creator tool below.

Community Theme Creator files.zip

Extras

Also find a Liquid startup theme and sound pack in the "Liquid Extra" zip file.

Liquid Extra.zip

To install them, simply copy and paste the folders contained in Liquid Extra into the main Launchbox directory.

Edited by Zazamastro

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

(This is the first theme I make myself, so don't eat me please.)

I'm very hungry, but will try my best not to eat you.

Really liking the theme, good job.

One thing to note, you can include the sound pack directly in your theme! Place them inside of the Sounds folder in your CTC project files will allow them to be published with your theme. You can also place them inside of a Sounds folder in your Big Box theme. The sounds will override a user's sound setting for your theme only.

14 hours ago, faeran said:

One thing to note, you can include the sound pack directly in your theme! Place them inside of the Sounds folder in your CTC project files will allow them to be published with your theme. You can also place them inside of a Sounds folder in your Big Box theme. The sounds will override a user's sound setting for your theme only.

Thanks! I didn't know that.

I think you theme is very visually appealing and I really like it. Nice job. Please take the following as positive advice, not as criticism.

Keep in mind that you are creating for a 10-foot UI, your details text (platform and games) is way too small, it'll be very hard to read even on a large TV. There are many websites with suggestions for designing a 10-foot ui, here is one from a Google search: https://pascalpotvin.medium.com/designing-a-10ft-ui-ae2ca0da08b7

Under platforms - I don't have an image for Arcade, Atari 2600 and Sega 32X. Did you set the option in the theme creator to have a fallback image?

If you don't intend for the user to use the Platforms Text List then you can remove that from the community theme creator by right-clicking the view and so that it doesn't get exported with the theme. Currently, the PS2 background is washing out the text list in my setup.

image.thumb.png.83a3f9d0c9a85c1277de8f45e6106c18.png

I like the theme music, it's very soothing, but may I suggest you set the volume to somewhere around 5%. It should be "just there" in the background where you're not really paying attention to it but you can still hear it and it still adds to the ambiance.

Maybe it's my game clear logos, but it looks like the logos aren't vertically and horizontally centered, it looks like they are left and bottom centered.

• Thanks 1

This is an amazing theme! Currently my favorite so far. I took the liberty of changing some things to my taste:

• Changed the Platform view to show the Platform logo; also increased the font and Device size
  • Added some missing Device images
  • Changed the Game Text View to show both Clear Logo + Box Art + Game Description

Some example pictures.

Attached is my Altered version if anyone wants to try!

Thanks to the creator of this fantastic theme!

Liquid_gamesview1.jpg

Liquid_gamesview2.jpg

Liquid_gamesview3.jpg

Liquid_gamesview4.jpg

Liquid_platformview1.jpg

Liquid_platformview2.jpg

Liquid_platformview3.jpg

Liquid_platformview4.jpg

Liquid_Altered.zip

• Game On 1

This is a very well-designed theme, I do have an issue though. Videos don't play in the background. Are there requirements that the theme needs for the videos to play?

Edited by Superloft

On 3/14/2022 at 6:29 AM, Superloft said:

This is a very well-designed theme, I do have an issue though. Videos don't play in the background. Are there requirements that the theme needs for the videos to play?

Also having this problem