LaunchBox Community Forums

Sleipnir 1.5.5

(0 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

About:

This theme is inspired by Pegasus Frontend's default theme. I personally really love the look of Pegasus, but vastly prefer the functionality of Big Box, so this is me doing my best to combine both worlds. Excluding those credited below, all other custom assets were created by me. As a note: This theme was designed in 4K for use on a large television. Scaling issues present in previous versions have been fixed, to my knowledge.  This WIP upload is intended to get fresh eyes on the project and help to identify issues I may not be running into with my limited usage, as well as provide a better version of this theme than was currently available during a period of time where I don't have as much free time as I have previously.

Credits:

Genre Icons: Game Icons

Platform Clear Logos: v2 Platform Logos Professionally Redrawn + Official Versions, New BigBox Defaults 2.1.0

Platform Banners (Present only in legacy versions): BannerBox 2.1

Platform Media: System Media - Stencil Platform Images 1.0.

Platform Images: COLORFUL Hardware PNG media (1x1) 1.1

Finally, many thanks to @y2guru for the Community Theme Creator. While this version no longer uses the CTC, I would have never started on this journey, nor gotten nearly as far, without it.

Edited by blattacker
New details

What's New in Version 1.5.5   See changelog

Released

Minor Updates to 1.5.5

• Added additional wall view for Sony PlayStation 3 (Should work for all Blu-Ray sized systems)

Minor Updates to 1.5.4

• Added additional platform-specific views (Theme now has the same Wall Views as Default Theme)

Minor Updates to 1.5.3

• Fixed text scaling for "Available Games" section in Platform Filters View
  • Changed all file references to relative paths

New in version 1.5 (Progress update on version 2.0):

• Converted from CTC theme to custom code for increased responsiveness
  • Converted text platforms view from image-based to proper text based view
  • Converted top bar sections into shapes to facilitate proper scaling
  • Updated Text Games View to match more thematically with the other views

To Do List:

• Restore "endless scrolling" functionality to Text Filters View (In-Progress)
  • Recreate Platform Wheel View
  • Recreate System View
  • Retool Text Games View to match original theme
  • Add fallback images/icons where necessary
  • Create platform-specific Wall Games Views for remaining systems (Done to currently planned extent)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.