LaunchBox Community Forums

E3 2016 Conferences (EA, Bethesda, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Sony) [Also Brad's thoughts, LETS TALK ABOUT IT!]

SentaiBrad

For those that missed it, Microsoft had their E3 Xbox Conference a little bit ago, and it was actually a very stellar conference. If people are interested in hearing mine or Jason's thoughts on the conferences, I would not be apposed to making a video about each conference if people are interested. I watched the Kinda Funny rebroadcast, I love these guys and have been following them for years ever since they were with IGN. If you want to watch the unfilitered conferences IGN has the full conferences up on their channel, otherwise these are the KF Re-streams of the conferences. EA's conference was boring. Only thing of note for me was Mass Effect Andromada. Actually fell asleep during the sports segment honestly. Bethsda's was killer. Not perefect, but a great 6, 8 and 14 month cycle of games. They're not announcing games or features that are 3 years out. Fallout 4 VR is the first announcement that is making me interested in VR. The new Fallout 4 DLC looks awesome, Doom expansion, Skyrim Remastered, etc. Prey might be my most anticipated new game, spectacular. Sad it's not Prey 2 anymore, loved the first Prey. Nothing super spectacular, but overall REALLY good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOOhd-tbVE Microsoft 100% nailed it. The ball is certainly in Sony's court now. Both Microsoft and Sony have marketing nightmares on their hands when it comes to their new iteretive consoles. Note iteretive, not NEW consoles, the same consoles more powerful while not abandoning the older models. Cool games. I still like Sony's exclusives, but Microsoft did good. They had Windows 10 along side every single game demo, even the not exclusive ones. If it's Published or Developed by Microsoft though, it will probably only be available on the Windows Store which is a joke. Games not specifically published or developed by them will probably make it to Steam. If Microsoft did release on Steam though, I would be more happy about the few exclusives I do want to play, because then I can play them on PC instead of wanting to buy the more powerful Xbox One next year. Dead Rising 4, not exlusive, looks amazing. Xbox One S information, with Scorpio info below that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One#Xbox_One_S https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnUrKqKnnLo I was frikin bored during the PC Conference, I tuned out immediatly. Day [9] (Sean Plot) is an awesome guy, I like his work, but the conference was bad. KF also doesn't particularly do the computer space, their bread and better is Consoles and specifically Sony. I prefer playing on PC / Steam, but the conference was bad. Ubisoft, my stream didn't load right away. Now live commenting. Missed Just Dance, Wildlands looked really good at first. Looks eerily real, but the second half was BORING. South Park Fractured But Whole, I loved the first game this sequel looks frikin amazing! Combat in South Park is REALLY improved now. The Division expansion I want to play, but I don't have the friends on PS4 to play with and I don't wanna play that alone. I also don't want to play Ubisoft games on PC, UPlay sucks. Eagle Flight looks cool for a Post Apacalyptic VR PVP game... but VR and PVP, no thank you. Still looks interesting, and at least it's a real person demo and not the fake scripted demo like during Wildlands. Star Trek VR, meh. Trials of the Blood Dragon looks REALLY AWESOME. This conference is picking up for me a bit. Trials out now. Assassins Creed movie info.......... now im bored again. Too many ups and downs! Watch Dogs 2, fake hacking of the conference. Cheesy, but interested. Watch Dogs 2 looks way better than the first one. xD For the most part I don't care for this conference. Took WAY too long for the pacing to be this bad. Bethesda and Microsoft was so much more succinct, not like me at all I guess. xD This Watch Dogs 2 thing IS STILL GOING ON. They nailed San Francisco....... BUT THIS CONFERENCE IS STILL GOING ON... Finally one last thing, new IP from French Developers for Ubi new genre. Open World, Action Sports. Go Pro, the game. That was a joke. The games called Steep, GoPro The Game, and it's confusing. Now they're gonna talk FOR LONGER, to tell us what it's about..... FML. STOP UBISOFT... STOP. Ubi, go gome, you're drunk. The game looks interesting, but what I took away from this: "Where do we want to make the setting of this game? *looks out the window* "What about here in the French Alps?!?!?" I also took another thing away from this game, a guy crashed during a flight race and you could hear bones crunch and the guy screem: The perfect analog to this entire conference. xD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTgIyQxnNi0 Live thoughts going again for this one. Sony's Conference starts with a badass Orchestra. For a second I thought an orchestra hacked the E3 stream's. xD "CriticalCid: orchestra stream powered by Watchdogs 2 xD" We come in to Krato's and the crowd ERUPTS! This game looks super beautiful. It's worth noting there are screens on the right side that show people actually playing, and the orchestra doing a live soundtrack. It sounds and looks beautiful, then Krato's beats the shit out of something 3 times his size. Sad moment with the boy, THEN DRAGONS! Great intro, then, SONY BENDS GAME!!!! Looks beautiful, looks also like Oregon (where I like) and post apoc, sexy. Days Gone is the name of the game, looks awesome. I literally live about 30-45 min from Sony Bend, so I was super excited to see this. Sony is doing some awesome awesome stage show things with their video too- LAST GUARDIAN!!!!! Still looking beautiful AF. Very trepadatious with how this game is going to perform, it's been in development for about 10 years and shown at many E3's. Holy crap this year!!! October 25th, 2016! The crowd in this theatre is totally on board with everything, whooping and happy for every single reveal thus far. Now in to a live (maybe?) gameplay demo of Horizon. We know it just got delayed, but Robot Dino's... yay! Can't tell if this is the demo or the stream, but heavy compression going on, does NOT do this game justice. Game after game after game after game after game. Unlike Ubisoft that talked waaaaay too much, this is firing on all cylinders. Now we're seeing Detroit, looks really interesting. The mouths in this game look very... odd. Can't Unsee. Looks to play out like Heavy Rain with a Groundhod Day scenario, or at least that is the demo! Wow, through the roof replay value. Save states anyone? Oh no, PS4 VR Horror game. *hides* Creepy ass mannequins...? WHAT?!?! THAT SCARRY DEMO WAS RESIDENT EVIL 7..... WHAT, HOLY CRAP. What the fuck is going on with this show! Resident Evil 7, return to true survival horror, and can be played completely in VR. Jan 27th 2017. Playstation VR Price and date announced. $399 on October 13th, 2016. Now we're on an alien planet with some sci fi stuff going on. Game is called Farpoint but nothing else is known but giant spiders and sci fi alien planets. Now we hear R2D2, Star wars VR. Star Wars Battlefront VR X-Wing Missions. Sorry Star Trek. xD Now we hear the Joker. Back to game to game to game. Batman Arkham VR, Octber 2016, PS VR is killing it. This is STILL going ape shit for everything. Now Final Fantasy logo, Final Fantasy Logo and Chocobo music! FF15 Release date, November 2016, and it's in VR. FF 15 VR Expierence. On to another game. Taking place in space, on a space ship, super sci-fi. Don't know what this is yet. Looks interesting though. This Conference so far, IS KILLER. Better so far than Microsofts almost perfect conference. Looks like more VR? Nope, this is the new Call of Duty. Not a CoD fan, but this looks A HELL of a lot better than their shit show of a first trailer. This looks really good actually... and I don't think I've ever said that for a CoD game... wow. Modern Warfare remastered by the looks of it, and the crows oo's. NO WAY, CRASH BANDICOOT MUSIC, FIRST 3 GAMES REMASTERED FOR PS4, AND CRASH IS IN SKYLANDERS ALSO!!!!! No Crash trailer, but More Star Wars! Looks like Lego Star Wars VII. Andrew House to the stage! Orchestra doing their JOB tonight. Awesome music. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, KOJIMA IN THE HOOOUUUUSSSSE! "Hello everyone, IM BACK!" New game, running in real time. This crowd is going in sane. This game looks, AWESOME! Norman Reedus' face from Walking Dead, back with Kojima, game is Death Stranding. SPIDER-MANS VOICE, BY INSOMNIAC GAMES, NO WAY, IT IS REAL. Sony CAME OUT SWINGING. HOLY CRAP. This is literally an all-star show. I need to breath... wow. Microsoft had the buzz, a great conference, a perfect conference, EXCEPT FOR SONY DID IT BETTER, WHAT!!!! One last announcement? Ends with a Days Gone live demo. This game has A LOT of Zombies on screen at once, wow. This live demo is good, looks very different than other zombie games, and that orchestra IS GOING TO WORK. Sizzle reel with A LOT more games that they didn't show and the ones they did. Literally no mention of Vita, poor little guy, then chants of "Sony Won" rang out! We're out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJM7h1J-QcE Tell me what you guys think about this stuff, and If you want me to put this in video form with maybe some added information and thoughts, let me know!

SentaiBrad said I also took another thing away from this game, a guy crashed during a flight race and you could hear bones crunch and the guy screem: The perfect analog to this entire conference. xD
Hahaha! Thanks for the thourough coverage, Brad. How long were you guys there (and where was it?)?
SentaiBrad said I literally live about 30-45 min from Sony Bend, so I was super excited to see this.
I won't tell Jason, but have you ever 'applied' at SIE Bend? Wink
SentaiBrad said BUT THIS CONFERENCE IS STILL GOING ON... Finally one last thing, new IP from French Developers for Ubi new genre. Open World, Action Sports. Go Pro, the game. That was a joke. The games called Steep, GoPro The Game, and it's confusing. Now they're gonna talk FOR LONGER, to tell us what it's about..... FML. STOP UBISOFT... STOP. Ubi, go gome, you're drunk.
Sounds as if things were dragging-out now and then. Laugh
SentaiBrad said I would not be apposed to making a video about each conference if people are interested.
As tempting as this generous offer is, you're probably busy enough as it is, so I'll try and dig-up what I can, but thanks! Oh, yah, did you come away with any ideas that could be applied to Invention Destruction?

I didn't actually go, though that would have been awesome. I just saw the live streams. It's the same difference as going really, but I didn't get sick from all the other people. I didn't take too much away for my game, it's really hard to do in a setting like this, but I am always learning about things like that.