LaunchBox Community Forums

My Bally Astrocade Collection

Astrocade-1-20.png Here is my Bally Astrocade collection of 20 games. Originally released by Bally in early 1978 for a staggering $299 USD (about $1,122 USD in 2014) as the Bally Professional Arcade. By 1979 Bally was struggling with sales do to low retail and media exposure, high price point, and competition from the very successful Atari VCS 2600. Bally agreed to sell their rights to a company called Astrovision in 1979, Astrovision had failed at developing their own console. After Astrovision aquired the rights from Bally they renamed the the Bally Professional Arcade to the Bally Computer System. In 1982 they renamed the system once more to the Astrocade. The Astrocade ceased production in 1985 after the company suffered greatly through the video game crash of 1983. Hope you guys enjoy and give these games a try, they look very good for when the system was released. I'll try to figure which console I'm going to add into my collection next.