LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature Request - Game specific button remapping. (Auto AHK launch?)

Innomen

I want the arrows to be wasd (for a start) in eob2. Seems like this is a very common issue. Could be possible to launch an ahk script with the game and close it when it closes. That would be very powerful as ahk is filled with game specific scripts.

Hi Innomen, AutoHotKey integration does sound like a good idea. It would probably solve a lot of various odd requests. You might be able to do it manually via additional applications on the games, as is (it will currently run a program before or after a game runs). That might just do it for you, actually. But still, great idea for AHK. I'll see what it would take to integrate it. Thanks, Jason

Awesome :) I'm very glad you liked it. :) I hope it proves easy to implement. I'll look into the existing auto launch features :) I just installed LB like yesterday hehe. It would be awesome also if the launcher could fetch and install and configure games automagically from abandonware sites. Thank you for looking into it and giving the idea a hearing :)

True, it would be really awesome if it could auto-download games like that. Sadly though we're a very long ways off from that. Glad to have you here; we're always looking for more people to provide feedback and help test. Check out the beta testing thread here if you want to help beta test: https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/features/launchbox-beta-testing/page-14 There's not much there for the moment since we just released 3.6, but I'll have more betas for 3.7 up there soon. If you subscribe to the post you'll get notified when I put up a new beta.

Done. Subscribed. Would would you be permitted to build and offer up like an abandon ware module? Like a LB folder with some popular abandoned games pre-installed/tested/configured? Sorry for the tangent. I'm rambling because I never get to speak to devs typically :P Don't fell pressured to answer me immediately or completely, I'll ramble way too much.

No worries; I'll stop when I run away. ;) I used to include 4 demos with LaunchBox but I removed them because it bloated the install and some people just didn't like having them there by default. But now we have the ability to import and export game packages, so someone could easily build a nice collection and then make it available online. Unfortunately I'm more than occupied with development so my time wouldn't really allow me to create a package like that. But I'd download it and use it if someone else did... ;)