LaunchBox Community Forums

Compatibility Headaches: Old Game Consoles with New TV's, etc...

CadetStimpy

Obviously, LaunchBox is 'the knight in shining armor' when it comes to resolving many gaming hardware compatibility issues, with the Gaming Miracle of Emulation, with a mostly idiot-proof GUI, to the rescue! Smile However, I often decide to struggle with getting somewhat incompatible hardware working together (I don't know why I put myself through the grief. I suppose it's the challange, and more realistic than climbing to the summit of Mt. Everest). Anyway, you may recall me mentioning in a different Thread, when I upgraded my A/V Receiver and TV, my NES and Intellivision no longer worked (I suspect the TV). With the Intellivision, I was getting nothing (wired with the same wiring configuration as with my former stuff (TV was a Panasonic Plasma), but with the NES, I was seeing the games in Black-and-White, with no sound. Really? Black-and-White only? Argh! Anyway, as I finally get to the point, the use of the NES's 'Audio/Video side connectors' resolved the issue (RF connector by-passed)! Woo-Hoo! Still can't get the Intellivision to work, though. It only has the RF-type output connection - no separate A/V, and my new TV isn't goin' for it. Frown NES-Connection.jpg