LaunchBox Community Forums

[Alpha] Batch adding Windows games as "roms"

walter10h

Don't know if it is the right section for this but I want to contribute with a little workaround for not being able to add portable games or a bunch of non-steam games in one go. What I did was make a small console application in C# that will essentially enable you to launch any app through the console, I put it on my desktop and pointed it to the .lnk file with LaunchBox. So essentially, you can just grab all your shortcuts, put them in a folder along with my app, add the shortcut files as ROMS in Launchbox and use softrun as the "emulator". Seems a bit messy but I think it's the best way to import all your non-steam games without having to sift through a bunch of unrelated .exe files for the time being. This was literally a 5 minute effort, so if there are any issues, please let me know. Laugh

Hi, I currently use "vanilla" LB already to use PC games as "roms". I created a folder on my harddrive, e.g. "C:\game shortcuts". Then I added this folder as a "send to"-folder so it's easier for me to add shortcuts to it (although not required). Then I just add every PC game shortcut to it and use this folder as roms folder in LB. Then you can just use Windows' Explorer.exe (generally C:\windows\explorer.exe) as emulator.

Rehab said Hi, I currently use "vanilla" LB already to use PC games as "roms". I created a folder on my harddrive, e.g. "C:\game shortcuts". Then I added this folder as a "send to"-folder so it's easier for me to add shortcuts to it (although not required). Then I just add every PC game shortcut to it and use this folder as roms folder in LB. Then you can just use Windows' Explorer.exe (generally C:\windows\explorer.exe) as emulator.
Quite ridiculous how I didn't think of that. :P