LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES ROMs Will Not Load Unless SNES Core Already Active In RA

ChrisPlaysRetro

Okay so I am launching my ROMs in to RetroArch, for SNES I currently have SNES9X Next set as the default but I've also tried BSNES and Mednafen. Basically if the last used core in RetroArch was the SNES Core then the games launch fine, however if the last used core was for a different system then the games will not load from Launchbox and I have to manually open RA and switch to the SNES core. This doesn't happen for any other system, only SNES which makes me think I may have accidently changed something within LaunchBox under the SNES section. Has anybody encountered similar or have any advice on what settings to double check? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Double check the Associated Platforms tab for Emulators. You may have the line incorrect. Also make sure the name in the Associated platform matches the name of the system on the left pane in LaunchBox. Remember it should be -L "cores\core_name.dll" Obviously with the specific core name.

SentaiBrad said Double check the Associated Platforms tab for Emulators. You may have the line incorrect. Also make sure the name in the Associated platform matches the name of the system on the left pane in LaunchBox. Remember it should be -L "cores\core_name.dll" Obviously with the specific core name.
Thanks for the speedy response Brad, you nailed it! The core file path was all fine but the system name was down as Super Nintendo in the associated platform and was listed as Super Famicom in the left pane, once I changed to Super Famicom in Associated platform it all worked as expected. Thanks again, it's appreciated! :)