LaunchBox Community Forums

Have two games with the same name, different Images/Media

RogueBurger

Is it possible to have two games with the same name but have them use different images and media? There are a couple situations where the Japanese version of a game is just named with the English title (or something super close to it like ActRaiser vs Actraiser), and I'd like it if each could have their own proper cover art. The best I could come up with so far is something like "Actraiser - Japan". But I find that less than ideal. Is there any other way to accomplish this?

Not easily because that is not how the system is set up. The Database has 1 entry for 1 game per platform. The easiest way would be to put all your Japanese games in the a Super Famicom system instead. There will be some improvements in the future for handling multiple region games, but quite honestly it's not a huge priority. I believe the working idea for right now is to split some system's up. So Famicom and NES are seperate, Super Famicom and SNES are separate. This won't really help PAL region games though, so more ideally in the long run it would probably be a better idea to have region identifiers. For the most part though most people don't have 3 versions of the same game from 3 different regions. We generally notice, myself included, that users have the exclusives from each region, so there would be no need to mark the region and they keep the version of the game from the region they probably grew up with or are from. The language the user speaks also plays a factor in to what most of their library looks like, if it is mostly NTSC or PAL.