LaunchBox Community Forums

Have a couple of questions.

weltall

First of all, hello and I hope everyone is having a nice day :) I am having a little trouble with the sound. in the frontend. Most of the games that have sound files work just fine, but some of them sound really bad, giving an earpiercing sound. This one for example when Launchbox plays it, it makes a horrible sound;
Spoiler
General Complete name : D:\LaunchBox\Music\Nintendo Entertainment System\Family Mahjong.mp3 Format : MPEG Audio File size : 926 KiB Duration : 3mn 45s Overall bit rate mode : Variable Overall bit rate : 33.0 Kbps Album : Nintendo Entertainment System Track name : Family Mahjong (Japan) Writing library : LAME3.98r Cover : Yes Cover type : Cover (front) Cover MIME : image/png Comment : EmuMovies.com Audio Format : MPEG Audio Format version : Version 1 Format profile : Layer 3 Duration : 3mn 45s Bit rate mode : Variable Bit rate : 33.0 Kbps Minimum bit rate : 32.0 Kbps Channel(s) : 1 channel Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz Compression mode : Lossy Replay gain : 0.10 dB Replay gain peak : 872.757507 Stream size : 910 KiB (98%) Writing library : LAME3.98r Encoding settings : -m m -V 5 -q 0 -lowpass 16.5 --vbr-new -b 32 MP3Gain, Min/Max : 193,251 MP3Gain, Undo : -043,-043,N
But this one just sounds normal;
Spoiler
General Complete name : D:\LaunchBox\Music\Nintendo Entertainment System\Famicom Yakyuu Ban.mp3 Format : MPEG Audio File size : 1.95 MiB Duration : 3mn 45s Overall bit rate mode : Variable Overall bit rate : 72.1 Kbps Album : Nintendo Entertainment System Track name : Famicom Yakyuu Ban (Japan) Writing library : LAME3.98r Cover : Yes Cover type : Cover (front) Cover MIME : image/png Comment : EmuMovies.com Audio Format : MPEG Audio Format version : Version 1 Format profile : Layer 3 Duration : 3mn 45s Bit rate mode : Variable Bit rate : 72.1 Kbps Minimum bit rate : 32.0 Kbps Channel(s) : 1 channel Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz Compression mode : Lossy Replay gain : -0.31 dB Replay gain peak : 1.168913 Stream size : 1.94 MiB (99%) Writing library : LAME3.98r Encoding settings : -m m -V 5 -q 0 -lowpass 16.5 --vbr-new -b 32 MP3Gain, Min/Max : 153,218 MP3Gain, Undo : -002,-002,N
I have found a handful of them and at first I was thinking it was just a bad mp3, but when I tried to play the file out of the frontend, it played normally. Afar from the sound problem, I am wondering if there is a automatic way for Launchbox to set in the UI the first picture available. As in, if there is no cover, to just add a screenshot. I know it is supposed to be a boxart view, but when when a lot of games lack cover, the whole interface feels a lot less attractive. I am currently split between either copying screenshots to cover folder or manually going over every game and changing screenshots to covers.

For the images we already have a ticket on that you can vote on: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/719/tiered-images-to-help-fill-in-gaps-more As for the bug, yea I noticed this too but I assumed they were just corrupted downloads (extremely unlikely though) or bad versions of the songs. Thanks for finding it. You can create tickets for bugs that you find if you'd like. I have made a ticket for this one though too. https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/760/game-music-sound-glitch-screeching-sound

Thank you very much for the help SentaiBrad :) I hope the feature will appear eventually in LaunchBox, even if it will take a while to. I made an account so if I find something I will try to report it there. I have never really used bitbucket, but if I will be unable to, I will be asking help for that XD I hope you are having a good week!

No problem. BitBucket is fairly straight forward. There is a search to find if someones requested something previously, sorting options so you can sort by date and vote count, and when you open a ticket on the right is a vote button. We democratized our feature request system so what users want rise to the top.