LaunchBox Community Forums

commodore 64 Vice controller trouble

bmonomad

So this is my first stab at commodore 64 emulation... (i'm posting this here as the vice forums seem dead) I noticed vice was the recommended emu with LB so I tried that first. I've been struggling trying to setup the joystick configuration; input is not detected at all even though the controller is (i think?) recognized. I'm using a (wireless) DS4 with ds4windows. Previously set it up with almost every other system's emulator perfectly. I tested the keyboard input and that works fine. But if I select PC joystick #0 or #1 (guessing these are my 2 controllers?), and click on 'configure keyset' A or B, no input is detected. I've tried closing down the emu, stopping/starting controller and restarting vice. I've tried a wired connection. Nothing. Now, the weird thing is I then downloaded CC64 and seemed to have the same problems with input. So i'm guessing this is a initial setup issue? Any suggestions? Thank you :)