LaunchBox Community Forums

Different names for games from different regions

imdavid555

Doing some moderating and I was given Shinobi X (Europe). Now, this is the same game as Shinobi Legions (USA) which is already in the database. The only difference is the name. I'm thinking accept, but what would be the standard protocol for something like this?

This is in the guidelines. We want to set up alternate naming in the Database, but right now that doesn't exist, yet. That is the same game, so there's really no reason why it should get two entries, but rather one entry with two names, or three, or four, what ever the case may be. I also came across someone changing the names of games to probably their European counterparts, even though the box clearly said the name and it matched.

Thanks Brad! Had no idea there was a guideline for the LaunchBox Database. I found the forum topic a few minutes ago with the guidelines through a google search. Might be good idea to have that posted on the Games Database site since I don't see it anywhere there. Thanks again for the help Brad!