LaunchBox Community Forums

PC Games With Launchers

AutumnSounds

So im currently building a pc box, well its already been done as it was Hyperspin before but now moved over. Have big box mode running great with rocketlauncher and all that stuff, PC games work great until they have a launcher like pic shows, how do I get around this as obviously when all setup i'll be using big box mode with a controller only. Is there any special thing, as some games I've noticed only have the launcher and no exe to boot direct. TIA

This is going to vary quite vastly from game-to-game. However, there will ordinarily be two main ways to do this: ** 1. Re-naming the executables or creating a shortcut to the correct executable. Example: In playing Fallout 4 you're first given a splash screen menu which you then must click 'play' or 'settings' etc before the game launches. In the game directory there are two executables: Fallout4.exe (which is what Steam opens) and 'Fallout4Launcher.exe' which actually just jumps straight into the game. In this case, you would just point LaunchBox at the latter and the Configuration path to the first one so you can reach the settings. ** 2. Application Command-Line Parameters. Example: In a steam environment this is the "set launch options" setting for each game and would be a command to do things like bypass intro videos and such. You would have to check the Intarweb tubes to see if your particular games has a command-line/Launch option to bypass the initial splash menu screen. Eg: With the latest 'Doom' game to skip the developer logo videos everytime I launch the game "+com_skipIntroVideo 1" is added to my "set launch options", and if the same command is added to Launch Box's Command Line Parameters it would have the same effect. Good luck on your search!

• 2 years later...

What if the game doesn't have a second executable or command-line options that you can find? For example, Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls has only one executable, which brings up a launcher. The other Danganronpa games all start with a launcher, too, but they accept gamepad presses, and this game doesn't. As far as I can tell, the only way to get past the launcher is to press Space or Enter on the keyboard, and there are no command-line parameters that I've been able to find or make up off the top of my head. Command-line options may also be an issue, as Steam likes to throw a pop-under window checking that you wanted those command-line options that ALSO cannot be passed with a gamepad.

So, my question is, is there a way that BigBox could allow a combination of gamepad buttons to become Enter or Space, just for this one game? I've also only ever put these in for emulators, but perhaps an Auto-Hotkey Script could work?

Edited by RandomManA
Left out a word

• 2 years later...