LaunchBox Community Forums

Photos of Arcade cabinet I made and now switching to LaunchBox

SentaiBrad said That is looking sexy @rmilyard! I don't have the space or the money for it, but I would like to use one of these cab's at some point: http://www.re-arcade.com.sg/#!playcade/qcnlb
@SentaiBrad Thanks! It was a lot of work but love it now. Still need to do more artwork but functions. Now coming onboard with LB I have a lot of work to get stuff running. Basicly deleted all Hyperspin and kept my ROMs so need to install LB, Emulators and get all configs working with my controllers I-Pac 2, Xbox 360 and Willmotes.

Well on our channel we have tutorials for pretty much every single major system now, that link is in the signature of all my posts. Check those out to help you out, and if you need more help setting them up please ask! If you want an easy way to set up controllers, RetroArch is probably the best out there. I haven't used it with the Wiimote and Nunchuck w/ the Dolphin bar though, so I don't know how that would work. Any Xinput devices get automatically mapped though, so my PS4 controller works out of the box for everything. I had to set up my "Generic USB" N64 controller, and it was a bit annoying, but after saving a custom config for N64 and having LaunchBox load that, it just automiatically loads my controller now. I wouldn't recommend RA for everything, PSP, DS, DOS, and even MAME may not be the best emulators for it.

SentaiBrad said Well on our channel we have tutorials for pretty much every single major system now, that link is in the signature of all my posts. Check those out to help you out, and if you need more help setting them up please ask! If you want an easy way to set up controllers, RetroArch is probably the best out there. I haven't used it with the Wiimote and Nunchuck w/ the Dolphin bar though, so I don't know how that would work. Any Xinput devices get automatically mapped though, so my PS4 controller works out of the box for everything. I had to set up my "Generic USB" N64 controller, and it was a bit annoying, but after saving a custom config for N64 and having LaunchBox load that, it just automiatically loads my controller now. I wouldn't recommend RA for everything, PSP, DS, DOS, and even MAME may not be the best emulators for it.
So I used Lightspeed to split my MAME roms into Arcade, Capcom CPS1, 2 and 3 also SNK NeoGeo. Should the emulation for these my main MAME? Or use cores in RA for those systems?

For MAME I personally think Standalone is fine. The FBA Core in RetroArch is fairly decent, but there is also the standalone. The MAME core isn't based on .174, but I think .170, so it's still recent enough. If you watch the MAME tutorial I cover both Standalone and RetroArch a bit with some of the key differences.