LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with RetroArch 1.3.4 and Sony Playstation

rmilyard

Try updating. I've had RetroArch give me that in the past and updating fixed it for me. Also, make sure you're using the regular Mednafen PS1 core, and not the one with "hw" in the title. That one is very alpha. If you launch a game that is already unarchived does it give you the error? If you want to save some space, but not deal with unarchiving you can try putting your PS1 games in to a PBP format as well. The mednafen core reads these as well.

SentaiBrad said Try updating. I've had RetroArch give me that in the past and updating fixed it for me. Also, make sure you're using the regular Mednafen PS1 core, and not the one with "hw" in the title. That one is very alpha. If you launch a game that is already unarchived does it give you the error? If you want to save some space, but not deal with unarchiving you can try putting your PS1 games in to a PBP format as well. The mednafen core reads these as well.
All updated. Using Sony Playstation -L "cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll" -c "config\mednafen_psx_libretro.cfg". When launch game unzipped works fine. Also works fine zipped with ePSXe202-1. As for size all my stuff on this 8tb drive is pretty much zipped. If I uncompressed all this OMG! Might have to but rather not if can help it. Might need to look into PBP format. I have never converted any of my ROMs but maybe PM a list of programs and stuff to start looking into this. I know you said can do for other stuff as well.

Yea I want to say that this is a RetroArch problem speifically, but I am unsure. There are some threads on the forums about CSO, WBFS, PBP and GCM. Just note some games don't like to be put in any container. The Grand Theft Auto games on PSP for example hate being in a CSO. I CSO'd all my PS2 games, and I had to re-get two of them that wouldn't boot from the CSO. Only two so far. That could have been a bad rip though and then I CSO'd the bad rip. I need to test the new rip. These formats aren't perfect, and sometimes Archiving will get you lower file sizes, but the decompression times can get to be a lot. I have pretty much all of my games not archived. The only thing in an active .rar or .7z file are my MAME and Arcade games that need to stay that way. Everything else is either uncompressed or in those custom formats. I also still need to do more PBP testing, I haven't PBP'd my entire library nor tested out the disc swapping as it combines multi disc games in to 1.

Yea that's really odd. I think it must be something funky with that build. I did have that error code before when trying to launch stuff, and only going back to the older RetroArch version fixed it, I waited a little while for a few versions afterwards and it was fine.

Hi, This happened to me because of : - wrong BIOS files and wrong BIOS path - wrong games structure : some of my games (in 7z archives) are composed by multiples .bin files (audio tracks) and these ones don't starts in Launchbox. Games with one .cue file and .bin file are OK. So I have converted my games with multiples files in 2 files and now I have no probleme with it. To do conversion : mount the cue file (of a multiples files archive game) in Daemon Tool and Create a new image of the game mounted with ImgBurn !!! A new game with only 1 cue and 1bin is created ! Hope this help

Gius3ppe said Hi, This happened to me because of : - wrong BIOS files and wrong BIOS path - wrong games structure : some of my games (in 7z archives) are composed by multiples .bin files (audio tracks) and these ones don't starts in Launchbox. Games with one .cue file and .bin file are OK. So I have converted my games with multiples files in 2 files and now I have no probleme with it. To do conversion : mount the cue file (of a multiples files archive game) in Daemon Tool and Create a new image of the game mounted with ImgBurn !!! A new game with only 1 cue and 1bin is created ! Hope this help
RetroArch only likes mp3 files if I recall.