LaunchBox Community Forums

Do people actually look at what their moderating?

madelai

I don't want to seem nitpicky, but are people actually looking at what game their moderating? I've been putting up an entire series of games because they aren't in the database. I use several sources for my information including but not limited to Wikipedia, Amazon, official game sites (developer/publisher), etc before submitting any game. I also try to find the best cover art currently available but sometimes a good cover is hard to find. (I may have to pull out the ol' scanner and do my own tbh.) I've also been correcting a few previous games that were surprisingly listed from said series but were missing ratings, release dates, etc. So far everything I've submitted has been accepted and no rejections and that's great. But today I've had three different games from the same series that have 2 approvals and 1 rejection each. I feel like whomever is rejecting them (the entire listings: date, title, wiki link, etc) is just hitting reject to skip to the next in the queue. If that's the case then we need to add a skip button for those who have no idea about certain games. Seems a bit unfair to have a lazy moderator reject a game because a) they don't know what they're looking at b) they're not interested in what their looking at or c) they hit reject for funzies.

We can see who's rejected over and over and over, or who acceps everything. If it becomes a problem (as far as I know we haven't had any more issues with users rejecting ME or JASON removing nudity), then we can certainly figure out who and we can take care of it by removing the moderator.