LaunchBox Community Forums

help with starting snes roms

southtexican

Ive download a snes rom pack and at first i couldnt get the games to start. it seems that even after i unzipped the 7zip file the roms themselves where still 7zipped. so i unzipped them, but each rom folder has diffirent versions of the same game, and retroarch wont play the game unless is speficily choose a file each time. is there a way i can get launch box or retroarch to choose the US version of the roms?

Use No-Intro sets instead of Good Sets and there will be significantly less games. Everything should still be dearchived when you download them, but it will be smaller and have less versions of games. You will still need to parse out some of the other regions you don't want. Personally I keep all European and Japanese exclusives and everything else is English. If all you want is the US roms Windows Search can very easily filter out just the games you want, then you can move them. Starting from the No-Intro sets instead will be a lot cleaner though.